Objectives and Content of Tutorial
This tutorial is designed to provide you with the basic principles and core concepts of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA).
Upon completion of this tutorial, you will be able to :
- Discuss the purpose of the ADA using a civil rights framework.
- Summarize what is required under Title II of the ADA.
- Explain each nondiscrimination requirement for Title II of the ADA.
- Identify the defenses or limitations of each nondiscrimination requirement for Title II of the ADA.
- Locate and use various resources for information on the ADA.
This 9-module tutorial may be accessed at any time using a computer or mobile device with an Internet connection. Each topic contains 2-12 pages of topic-specific information and how it can be applied, as well as:
- Relevant court cases and additional "Tell Me More" resources.
- A Glossary of frequently-used terms and Resources for further reference.
- Pre-Test and Post-Test to "Apply Your Knowledge" and verify eligibility for Certificate, CEU, & CRCC Requirements.
Modules in Tutorial - 9
- Introduction and Overview of the ADA (6 pages)
- Overview of Title II of the ADA (8 pages)
- Steps to Achieve Compliance for Title II (7 pages)
- General Nondiscrimination Requirements of Title II (9 pages)
- Equally Effective Communication under Title II (10 pages)
- Serving & Working with Individuals with Disabilities (4 pages)
- Interacting with Individuals who have Disabilities (5 pages)
- Employment - Self Evaluation of Employment Practices (7 pages)
- Nondiscrimination in Employment (8 pages)
Questions on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or related disability laws?
Contact the ADA National Network
Toll-free national hotline: 1-800-949-4232 (voice/tty)
Registration, Login, or Comments on the Tutorial?
Contact Southeast ADA Center
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET
Phone (voice/tty): 404-541-9001 or 800-949-4232 [AL, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, SC, TN].